Friday, March 11, 2011

Change

Three years and some months ago my life was turned upside down. A new addition to our family arrived. In the blink of an eye, my life jumped from a planned and orderly existence into the realm of splendid chaos. In the process of learning how to be a parent, I set my photography career aside and concentrated on trying to understand the needs of a little human. It wasn't easy, but I failed, learned, and adapted. The other day, while my son was at preschool, I found myself in my office, holding onto the camera and staring through the window at a tree outside. I suddenly realized that I have a little time to spend on myself again, a little time for photography.

Much has changed in the industry in the last three years. Some of it can only be described as a great leaps forward. Some of the change, however, makes it difficult to make a living as a stock photographer. This is the basis for my new business philosophy. I want to make this fun. No preplanned production shoots with a minimum number of images to achieve. No endless rounds of submissions to busy editors to try to get an image published. I just want to enjoy my photography again, the way I did when I first picked up the camera. I want to share my life and experiences with nature photography with you and I hope you will share your experiences with me. On this blog you will find out how my images were made, What and who inspires me and interesting tips and tricks to make you photography more enjoyable and successful. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. I'm excited to start this journey and thrilled to be involved in photography again.

If you would like to see more of my work, please visit my website.

No comments: