Sunday, May 27, 2012

Low Tide

I returned to Whidbey Island this week without my 5 year old son in tow. It rained most of the morning and I almost stayed home but decided to hop on the ferry and head out anyway. The rain dried up the moment I arrived and I was blessed with stormy skies and low tides for the rest of the afternoon and evening. It was an incredibly productive day but I was constantly seeing things I wanted to show my son. Maybe next week we can head back together....

Low tide at Double Bluff Beach, Whidbey Island, Washington

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this shot, the textures and colors are superb! ... one thing that impresses me about your work is you include interest in the near foreground in each (or nearly) shot. I think I asked you this before (perhaps you could email me?) but do you use hyperfocal techniques in your images? I just purchased 3 Pentax FA primes (31, 43 and 77mm) and am wanting to experiment with that technique with them...