Thursday, February 28, 2013

Panic Bag


I keep a panic bag in my office...not the kind to stave off impending social collapse or world doom but packed with goodies to take advantage of any last minute light. It is a small bag, easily stuffed into a backpack, filled with only the essentials, and designed to travel light and fast. Inside are my Nikon body, two zoom lenses, a couple of graduated neutral density filters, polarizing filter, remote release, and a backup battery. Everything I need to create something out of nearly every situation. So now, when conditions start to improve without any warning, we can gulp down our dinner, leave the dishes on the table, and be out the door in minutes. That is assuming my son is not dragging his heels ;)  Do you have a "photo panic" bag always packed and what is in yours?

Sunset over the Puget Sound at Picnic Point County Park, Snohomish County, Washington

No comments: